Welcome to Central City Community Schools!
We are a small school system that offers big opportunities. Central City School prides itself on being leaders in the State of Iowa, and our ability to offer programs and opportunities that will prepare our students for success in the 21st century.
Our commitment to helping ensure the success of our students is evident in many ways:
- 1:1 laptop initiative: We believe that technology is a tool that can enhance our student achievement and build technological skills that will be important in their lives after high school.
- Programming: We have the ability to offer classes up to and including Physics and Calculus on campus.
- College Preparation: We encourage our students to take college courses through Kirkwood Community College, and in nearly all cases, we pay for their tuition and their books. We expect our students to go on to post-secondary schooling.
- Facilities: Our community has invested in a new high school (2007) and a new competition gymnasium (2009), because of their continued support of our school system, and the belief that our students deserve the best.
- Staff: We have tremendous facilities, great technology, etc. but our school is special because of our talented, dedicated faculty and staff; strong parental and community support and involvement; and a system of continuous improvement that permeates all aspects of our work.
Central City Schools are focused on a model of continuous improvement and development. We are a professional learning community committed to preparing students for 21st century learning, developing quality instructional practices and programs.
I believe strongly in the Central City School system and am confident that we are poised for a great school year. Our commitment to you is that as we begin this new school year, we will be committed to designing the best educational experiences to meet the needs of our students and preparing them for 21st century learning.
Superintendent / Human Resources
Annual Progress Report
Department of Education
Grant Wood AEA
21st Century Skills
Family and Consumer Science
- Alan Marshall, Superintendent / Human Resources
- Phone – (319) 438-6181
You must be logged in to post a comment.